My Path: Home |
Services | Automotives | Quote Request | National Car Shipping Rates
National Car Shipping Rates
Car shipping rates within the US are based on many factors including the distance traveled, the size and model of the car, and the time of year. Determining the exact cost of an auto transportation project depends on the services required and the quality of transport. The following are some factors to help you better understand the pricing structures used by vehicle transportation companies:
- The cost of coast-to-coast auto transport is usually lower during the winter months and higher during peak summer periods.
- Moving a small compact car is less costly than moving a small van or pick up truck.
- Fuel surcharges are typically added at 15% of the cost of shipping.
- It is usually cheaper to deliver the car to a terminal chosen by the auto transport company then to have it picked up at a specific location.
- Expedited car shipping service, when available for a fee, can save about a week in transit.
- Automobile shipping during the peak summer months is usually about 30% higher than in the winter.
- Classic or exotic cars can be loaded up the on full-lift gates into enclosed trailers at an additional charge.
- Door-to-door vehicle transportation service is usually priced a bit higher but offers more convenience.
- Towing a non-functioning vehicle to the nearest car shipping terminal can be arranged for additional fees.
- Some car moving companies offer discounts for multiple car shipping.